Test Driving the A7Rii in Sumba
Review , April 16, 2016
The story was, I had two Nikon d750 for work. Both of them broke in the space of a week. The shutter curtain fell into places and blocked the sensor.
but after that,
Then arise another problem, I only had two days to buy a new camera for an assignment in Sumba, an island east of Bali.
My choice was the Nikon D810 or the A7R mark ii, my gut told me to buy the latter one.
So here’s a first look of it, an adventure into Sumba with the A7Rii.
My first impressions are:
- The files are so much fun to work with!!! LOTS of dynamic range and its sharp as a katana.
- High-ISO grains are beautiful
- brings out the best from my Leica M lenses, (in camera Stabilization)
- compared to my Leica M240, it’s much much faster (processor wise)
- with great files comes the need of bigger storage, 85MB per image for uncompressed files.
For this post, I used the 50 1.4 Summilux lens.